Download 12 Jyotirlinga Name and Place List PDF
You can download the 12 Jyotirlinga Name and Place List PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||12 Jyotirlinga Name and Place List PDF|
|No. of Pages||5|
|File size||160 KB|
|Date Added||Sep 13, 2022|
12 Jyotirlinga Name and Place List Overview
The major divine Jyotirlingas of Lord Bholenath are known as Dwadash Jyotirlinga. If you are a devotee of Lord Shiva Shankar Bholenath then you must also visit the Dwadash Jyotirlinga.
The description of the infinite glory of Lord Shiva is found in Hindu religious texts. One gets fearlessness by worshiping Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva is also known as Adiyogi because he has no origin and no end. We hope that the 12 Jyotirlinga name and place list pdf given here will be helpful for you.
12 Jyotirlinga Name And Place List PDF
|Names of Jyotirlinga’s||Location||State|
|Shree Somnath Jyotirlinga||Veraval (Somnath)||Gujarat|
|Mallikarjuna Jyotirlinga||Srisailam||Andhra Pradesh|
|Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga||Jaisinghpura, Ujjain||Madhya Pradesh|
|Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga||Khandwa||Madhya Pradesh|
|Vaidyanath Jyotirlinga||Shivganga Muhalla, Dardmara||Jharkhand|
|Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga||Bhimashankar, Pune||Maharashtra|
|Rameshwaram Jyotirlinga||Rameswaram||Tamil Nadu|
|Nageshwar Jyotirlinga||Daarukavanam, Devbhumi Dwarika||Gujarat|
|Vishwanath Jyotirlinga||Lahori Tola, Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|Trimbakeshwar Jyotirlinga||Shrimant Peshwe Path, Trimbak||Maharashtra|
|Kedarnath Temple||Kedarnath, Rudraprayag||Uttarakhand|
|Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga||Aurangabad, Maharashtra||Maharashtra|
12 Jyotirlinga In India Details PDF
|Somnath||· It is traditionally considered to be the first pilgrimage site.|
· It marks the beginning of the Dwadash Jyotirlinga pilgrimage.
· This temple is said to have been destroyed 16 times and rebuilt as well.
|Mallikarjuna||· This is also called as Srisaila and is located on the mountain in Kurnool district of Rayalaseema.|
· The temple is architecturally rich and consists of various sculptures.
|Mahakaleshwar||· Ujjain is known for its Shiv temple across the globe.|
· This Lingam is believed to be Swayambhu out of the 12 Maha Jyotirlingas.
· It is also the only one facing the South and has Shri Rudra Yantra placed upside down at the ceiling of the Garbhagriha.
|Omkareshwar||· It is situated in Madhya Pradesh as well.|
· It is on an island in the Narmada river and is a home to Jyotirlinga shrine at the Mahala temple.
|Kedarnath||· Kedarnath is known to be the closest Jyotirlinga to Shiva’s actual home in Kailash mountain.|
· This temple also forms a part of the famous Char Dham yatra of the Hindus.
· This location is accessible for only one time in every six months.
· It is also one of the Paadal Petra Sthalam of Vada Naadu mentioned in Thevaaram.
|Bhimashankar||· It is situated in Khed Taluka of Daakini country.|
· This is why this place was called the Daakini temple too.
|Vishweshwara||· This Jyotirlinga is situated in Kashi, Varanasi.|
· UP is said to be the home to Vishwanath Jyotirlinga shrine.
· It is also one of the Padal petra stalam of Vada Naadu that has been mentioned in Thevaaram.
|Trayambakeshwar||· This Jyotirlinga is situated on the banks of the river Godavari and the legend says that this temple marks the origin of the river as well.|
|Nageshwara||· This temple is situated in Gujarat, near Jamnagar and is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas mentioned in the Shiv Purana.|
· It is known as the Dvādaśa Jyotirliṅga Stotram.
|Baidyanath||· It is considered to be one of the most sacred abodes of the Lord Shiva.|
· It is located in Deoghar in Santhal Parganas division of the state of Jharkhand.
· This is popularly called Baba Baidyanath where the Jyotirlinga is installed.
· There are also 21 other temples in this region.
· As per the Hindu legends, Ravana worshipped Shiva here to gain the boon of 10 heads.
|Rameshwaram||· It is in Tamil Nadu and is the southernmost Jyotirlinga in India.|
· It enshrines the Rameśvara-“Lord Rama ” pillar.
|Grishneshwar||· This temple is referred to as Ghushmeshwar temple in the Shiv Purana.|
· It is one of the shrines of Shiv mentioned in the Shiv Purana.
Leave a Reply