Download Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata in Hindi PDF
You can download the Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata in Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata in Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||23|
|File size||7 KB|
|Date Added||Jun 10, 2022|
Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata
A Suryanarayan, a PhD in archeology from the University of Cambridge and now a post-doctoral fellow in France, has researched the food habits of people during the Indus Valley Civilization. Their research has been published in the journal Archaeological Science.
By reading this PDF, you will be able to get information about the lifestyle of the people of the Indus Valley. After reading this article, you can apply your knowledge in various types of competitive examinations and school examinations because questions related to the Indus Valley Civilization are common in such examinations.
Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata
- The universal date of the Indus Valley Civilization has been considered from 2350 BC to 1750 BC by a unique method like radio carbon c14.
- Rai Bahadur Dayaram Sahni discovered the Indus Civilization.
- The Indus Civilization can be placed in the Prohistoric era.
- The main inhabitants of this civilization were the Dravidians and the Mediterranean.
- The westernmost site of the Indus civilization is Sutkangendor (Baluchistan), the easternmost site Alamgir (Meerut), the northernmost site Manda (Akhnoor, Jammu and Kashmir) and the southernmost site Daimabad (Ahmednagar, Maharashtra).
- The Indus civilization was an urban civilization of the Indus era.
- Of the sites of maturity obtained from the Indus civilization, only 6 have been named as big cities. These are: Mohenjodaro, Harappa, Ganwariwala, Dholavira, Rakhigarh and Kalibangan.
- Most of the Harappan sites have been discovered from Gujarat.
- Lothal and Sutkotada were the ports of the Indus civilization.
- Evidence of the use of plowing fields and carved bricks has been obtained from Kalibangan.
- The granary found at Mohenjodaro was probably the largest building of the Indus civilization.
- The bathhouse found at Mohenjodaro is a major monument, which is 11.88 meters long, 7 meters wide.
- The fire pits have been found from Lothal and Kalibanga.
- A three-faced deity has been found on a shiel from Mohenjodaro, surrounded by elephant, rhinoceros, cheetah and buffalo.
- The marking of a horned animal is found in Harappan seals.
- A bronze statue of a dancer has been found from Mohenjodaro.
- Bead making factories have been found in Lothal and Chanhudar.
- The script of the Indus civilization is metaphorical. This script is written from right to left.
- The people of the Indus civilization adopted the grid method of setting up cities and houses, that is, the doors opened backwards.
- The main crops of the Indus civilization were wheat and barley.
- In the Indus civilization, people used honey for sweetness.
- Rice grains have been found from Rangpur and Lothal, from which evidence of paddy cultivation has been found.
- Bones of Indus horses have been found from Sarkotda, Kalibanga and Lothal.
- The unit of weight was in the ratio 16.
- The people of Indus civilization used bullock carts and buffalo carts for transportation.